I am a wife and a mother of three.

30/05/2015

ALEYA MICHELLE

AUTHOR INTEVIEW
WITH
ALEYA MICHELLE

PLEASE WELCOME THE BRILLIANT AND TALENTED, ALEYA.



Tell us a little about yourself?

I am from Sydney, Australia, in my thirties and married with three sons.
I am a lover of reading and getting lost in another world with interesting characters. I have always loved writing, so in January 2014 I decided to pursue my writing career.
Hobbies include going to the beach, camping, shopping, playing netball and of course reading.
I am also a lover of animals so we have a dog, lizard, hand tame cockatiel plus two others in an aviary, a princess parrot and I’m hoping to get another cat down the track.


How would you describe your books?


My books are contemporary romance, both with erotic and steamy scenes.
I love humour so I add quite a bit into my writing, along with movie and song references.
My first book Breaking my Heart is quite unique, the shy sensitive guy Kade meeting the wild party girl Roxy and all the craziness in between.
Healing my Heart is a bit of a Romantic suspense with Roxy’s new boyfriend.
But really it’s all about fate and whether or not Kade and Roxy are meant to be together.


What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping ( if not already) to explore new ventures?


Contemporary romance/Erotic
Would love to explore new ventures, I am a fan of thrillers and horror myself.


Share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters?


“This tanned skin of yours is so clear and smooth; I love the softness, your untouched beauty, no Photoshop, Botox or plastic surgery. Roxy I love you and just you my all-natural Aussie beauty”.
Kade Thomas – Breaking my Heart
Is it hard to come up with new ideas or plot's?
I have quite a lot of plots and ideas for new books, but it is quite difficult to be unique and write something that hasn’t been done before.




How long does it take you to complete a finished book?


Book 1 took me around four months and 3-4 months for book two. That is on a deadline and a lot of sleepless nights. Lol


Who is the easiest character to write for and why? Hardest and why?


Roxy for sure, I guess I was a party girl there at one stage. She pretty much does what she wants, when she wants but also is respectful and loyal.
Kade would have to be the hardest, but I loved it. I had to get inside a males brain and the way they might think or act, it was a challenge.


Are your characters based on real people? People you may know on Tv or Movie stars?


No my characters are a work of fiction, but I guess with hubby surfing growing up he is a little like Kade.


Without giving anything away ,what is or are your favourite scenes in your book?


Favourites scenes: In Breaking my Heart it would have to be when Roxy wakes up to herself and lets Kade in 100%.
Healing my Heart – Kade and Roxy reuniting for sure, soul mates always find their way back to each other.


What's up next for you?


Book 3 Forever in my Heart is coming out January 2015
I really love this book, giving them their HEA, but of course with a few hiccups along the way.
· Also I am working on a new project I hope to be announcing soon and releasing March 2015.
OUT 20TH FEB

Do you have any hobbies?


Reading of course, playing netball, going to the beach and shopping.


Is there anyone besides you in your family who writes?


My brother has also written a few things, but he is more sci fi category.


When did you start. What was your first published piece?


Been writing on and off for the last few years. But seriously started December last year 2013 and Breaking my heart was my first self-published book, released in May.


Do you have any favourite books or authors?.


Abbi Glines, Sylvia Day, Jodi Ellen Malpas, R.K Lilley
Favourite books – The Twilight books, Fifty Shades, This man trilogy, Fallen too Far.


Out of all the books and stories you've written which is your favourite?


Favourite book I’ve written – Tough Question!
I guess Healing my Heart – to see Roxy and Kade reunite.




What is your favourite genre to write ?


In book 2 Healing my Heart has a twist and is a bit of a Romantic suspense genre, so I totally enjoyed letting my stalker within out. Lol it was good creating a bit of a crazy character which was Dylan.


What are your favourite movies?


The Notebook, Dirty Dancing,


How long have you been writing?


The last 2-3 years but seriously only the last twelve months.


Who or what has been your biggest literary influence?


Partricia Cornwell, Abbi Glines


How Difficult is it for you to come up with one of your brilliant plots?


I find the plots pretty straight forward, it is the writing them the way you plan tricky.


How about characters? Are they easily born and developed?


I spend time on each character development from their full name, eye character, birth date to their personality traits etc. This is so important when writing about them to really know each person and how they would react in certain situations.


About how long does it take you to take for you to complete a novel from concept to completion?


I guess around six months, but I did the last two in around four months due to deadlines. Book 1 was a cliff hanger so a lot of people were itching to see how it continued.


Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?


Not so far, but I am sure I will.


Any funny experiences or quirks you'd like to share with your readers?


I like even numbers, I have a few OCD qualities, I use a lot of sarcasm lol.


Which one of your books would you like to see made into a movie?


I would have to say book 3 Forever in my Heart as it will be the ultimate Romance.


What is your favourite band or artist?


I love Pink, Nickleback, Bon Jovi.


What was it like to publish your first book?


It was scary, nerve racking and exciting all rolled into one.


What advice would you give to others who want to make writing their career?


Just go for it, you will never know if you don’t try.
Get a great editor and a few beta readers and other authors for direction.
And importantly, Read! It builds your language skills and makes you a better writer.


Do you ever get ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hang on to them?


Yes all the time, mainly in the shower. I write them down straight away or use notes in my phone.


How do you overcome writers block and do you have a special place you like to write?


Usually in my office, but sometimes on the lounge and even at the beach over the holidays. Definitely helped with my surfing and beach scenes that I wrote. So far no writers block, I do find that I have minimal time to write with kids etc, that is the hardest part to me.


Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?



So far I have been able to write on demand and under pressure. Hoping it continues this way.


Who or what was the inspiration behind your books?


Love… That four letter word, that has always been my inspiration. The feelings, emotions and reactions that it evokes. I love to write about it, the good and the bad that goes with it.

CHECK OUT ALEYA'S NEW RELEASE
20th FEB

TEASER




No comments:

Post a Comment