I am a wife and a mother of three.

19/06/2015

Amy Davies

It is a absolute pleasure to be joined by fellow welsh author Amy Davies


Hello Amy, can you tell us a little 
about yourself? 

 I am a mother of 3 and married to my best friend, corny I know but true. I love music and movies as well as reading and taking photos. 
I am proud to be Welsh but my mother always used to say that I was born in the wrong country as she used to say that I was more American than Welsh. 

Are the stories old ones you have saved or new?  

The book I am currently working on I started 2 years ago but benched it as other characters started screaming at me but now is the time for this book to be written. 

When and why did you begin writing? 

I have always loved writing. When I was in school English was my best subject. 
I was always writing short stories about 
every day things and lives. 

When did you first consider yourself a writer? 

I think it hit me when I published Let Me Love You, but when I got my 1st good review it hit me even more. 

What inspired you to write your first book? 

Honestly it was Fifty Shades of Grey. While reading that series my character James Wilde from Let Me Love You was running havoc around my head. 

Do you have a specific writing style?

 I don't think I do. I just write what feels right and go with the flow no matter the style. 

Who was the easiest character to write for and why and  hardest and why?  

The easiest was Rafe because he was so laid back and sweet as pie, his chapters just flowed nice and easy. Now the hardest was Reeve, because he was a complicated guy, always sleeping around but when he met Leah he didn't know how to handle his feelings and I had to stay true to that through out the book until he let his heart win out. 


What was your favorite book as a child? 

I did read much as a child but my earliest childhood book was The Hunger from the Point Horror collection. 

How did you come up with the titles? 

It was different for all my books. Let Me Love You was named after the song by Ne-Yo because it was that song that inspired most of the book. My Phoenix Boys series was easy because I just named each book after each brother. My next 2 books were easy and 
came out while I was writing down
 my baseline for then. 


How much of the books are realistic? 

Not much, some of the females personality is my own and Reeve is a lot of my husband. But the basic story is pure fictional.

Are experiences based on someone you know, 
or events in your own life?

 None, everything came from imagination. 

Who was the inspiration behind the characters? 

James Wilde was inspired by Jessie Pavelka. The Phoenix Boys was inspired by a younger Adam Brody. The current book I am working on wasn't really inspired by anyone but now
 I have a muse to match my character and 
that is Lance Jones. The females just pop into my head. I was say that Lucy from Rafe is based in Ellie Goulding. 


What books have most influenced your life most? 

 Molly McAdams - Taking Chances. 
That book makes you feel most emotions and
 I hope that I can write a book with
 that much emotion in one day.
 Also Fifty Shades holds a big part in it. 

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? 

MJ Fileds, she is bad ass. I love her books and her style of writing. 

What book are you reading now? 

I am reading, Dead Bastard (Soldiers of Wrath MC) By Jenicka Snow and Sam Crescent.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?  

Nicole Hart, Allie Juliette Mousseau, T. J. West

What are your current projects?

 I have two that I am currently working on. One I am hoping to publish in mid September and the other will be early next year. I don't want to give to much away Lol. But I hope that people enjoy them both. They are both away from the rockstar books I normally write. 

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? 

I loved English in school so it grew from there really. 






Can you share a little of your current work with us?  

  “Umm, Cade, you need to get dressed and go and pack.” I shake his shirt at him but he still is not moving. I giggle and walk closer to him. As I go to kiss him my phone rings from the kitchen island. 

“Saved.” Is all he says. I turn and answer the phone to Kat.  

“Hey, bitch. How was the hot, tower of tattooed goodness last night? I bet he fucks like the Hulk. Am I right?” God I swear she has the mouth a sailor would be proud of. 

“Morning, Kat.” I say sweetly as I walk back to my bedroom to put some clothes on. 

“Ohhhhh girl you got you some, Inked man, didn’t you?” I laugh at her nickname.

“Umm, that Hot Inked Man is still here, babe, and his name is Cade” I wink at Cade who is leaning against my bedroom door, muscled arms crossing his chest.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? 

Death scenes. I had to do one in Reeve's book and it was emotionally draining. My mother passed away last November and that hit me hard, so it was draining to write that scene.



Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? 

Jamie Begley. I am a huge biker book fan. I have read a shocking number of them but Jamie's are amazing. Each book, each character is different and that is carried right through the whole series. Some biker tend to feel the same but Jamie writes awesome books. She is my go-to author. 

Who designed the covers? 

My husband actually designed The Phoenix Boys series with a friend of ours who took the photos. My next book was designed by Designs by Dana who freaking rocks. I cannot wait to share my new cover with everyone. 

What was the hardest part of writing 
your book?

  The epilogue, because you know that the book is coming
 to an end lol. 

Do you have any advice for other writers?

 Stay true to what you know. And never give up, it took a while for to me complete Let Me Love You but I stuck with it. 

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

 Just a huge thank you for all the support that have given me and I am truly blessed that they loved the Phoenix boys. And 'Always remember, never forget' 

What star sign are you?

 Cancer

What is your favourite colour? 

 Blue

What is your favourite  movie? 

 Ferris Bueller's Day Off. 



Thank you to Amy for joining me.
 Please go check out her books all available
 on amazon now.

No comments:

Post a Comment