I am a wife and a mother of three.

07/08/2015

Amy Beth

 AUTHOR INTERVIEW
WITH



PLEASE WELCOME THE LOVELY, AMY BETH.

Hi Amy,how are you today? 

Hi Sweet,  I'm fab thanks :-)



Tell us a little about yourself? 

Ok so I never know where to start with a question like this, so forgive me if I ramble on. I'm 28 and live with my partner Mr B in Wigan, England. We're huge car racing fans and would love to do another Grand Prix tour. I'm addicted to Social media and Peanut butter! 




What is your favourite movie?

 Ok I have 2, Beauty and the Beast and Nightmare before Christmas. I love, love, love these films.

  What is your favourite colour?  

Pink! OMG am I obsessed with it, like if I could get away with it at home everything would be pink.



What star sign are you?

 I'm a Pisces






Are you a action, horror or Romance movie type of girl? 

Action and Romance for sure,  I would love to watch Horror movies, but I'm too much of a wimp, I blame IT.








What is your ring tone on your phone? 

Haha,  the Minions, they make me laugh so much. Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring ding a ling haha



What do your family  think about you writing and have they read any of your work? 

Some know and some have read my work, My mum rang me up when I left her copies of my books...she called them smut and whispered it down the phone. I couldn't see from all the laughing I was doing. She's so prude.





Are you any good in the kitchen and what is your specialty? 

I'm such a rubbish cook,  I can just about make lasagne and that's it, anything else it's burnt. 




What is your favourite food? 

Does Peanut butter count???? I love Pizza, I probably eat way too much of it.
 



What is the most  romantic thing a man has done for you? 

Hmmm, I would say surprising me at Christmas with a trip to New York to watch Lion King on Broad Way.

What's the kinkiest  thing you have done? 

I'm not sure...having sex outdoors? is that classed as Kinky?

There is a lot of BDSM books out now have you ever read any ? 

I've read FSOG of course, but I'll have to say NJ Salupo's Wildcat is freaking amazing.

 
Have you ever entered in to the BDSM world for book research or personal  reasons? 

Me personally no, it's not my scene, there are aspects of the life I am intrigued by, but hands down I would make a bad sub, I don't like being told what to do.

 
If you were allowed one sex toy for rest of your sexual adventures  which would it be and why? 

Oh this is hard as I've never used them, shocking I know! But if I would have to choose something it would be a BOB, those books get you hot and heavy and you just need a release.

Do  you have any tattoos or body piercings and what are they?

 I have 3 tattoos, an infinity symbol one saying love, and the other saying forever on each wrist. And I have a book with wings over my heart. I only have my ears pierced now, did have my tongue and nose done but they were taken out years ago.

Are the stories old ones you have saved or new? 

There a mash up of both, there's bits I've wrote down back in high school and I've developed on them.

What is your favourite  genre to write? 

I love writing Erotica, although mine seem to turn out quite twisted with some humour thrown in the mix. I may have to come up with a new genre :)

which  one of you're books was your  favourite  to write?

 I'm loving writing the Mistaken Series, the first 2 books are dark and twisted. The next 4 are slightly lighter on the subjects, however I have decided to write the bad guys story to finish off the series.

When and why did you begin writing? 

I love writing,  I love being lost in world where anything can happen, I've had some crazy conversations with my characters. ( I know I'm crazy) But listening to their stories makes me want to share them even more with the reading community. 

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

 I'd like to think so, but I don't see being a writer as a job...it's too much fun to be considered work.

What inspired you to write your first book? 

Bits of my past, mixed with things that were happening around the world. I just mixed them together and seen what I got. And no-one was as surprised as much as I was with it.

Do you have a specific writing style?

 I love writing in the first person, giving a chapter per character so you can get in their minds, feel what they are feeling...or at least that is what I hope for.

Who was the easiest character to write for and why and  hardest and why?

 Ok as bad as it is, Harry King (bad guy) is the easiest. I love being in his twisted mind, finding the bits that make him tick, he really is a B*****d. The hardest one I would say is Bailey's book which I am writing now. I've gone in a complete different direction with this book. I know a lot of people are waiting for this one, as well as Harry's. But just trying to get the emotion out of it, I'm touching two serious illness in this book and I do not want to upset anyone who has or is suffering from either if not both.

which lead character  is your personal  favourite and why? 

Morgan is my favourite, she is feisty, honest to the core and what she has been through she still won't let it beat her. She is a fighter and not some whining female lead. She does have her moments though.

If you could pick one of your books to be made into a movie which one would you choose  and why?

 I would pick Mistaken Identity, so much drama in that book, in the whole series, it would make a fab movie I'm sure.

Who would you cast for the movie ?

 Ooo, now your asking, hmm...

Wyatt King, Channing Tatum

Bailey King perhaps Jamie Dorian

Morgan Megan Fox

Summer Megan Fox

Harry King not sure on this one, it's tricky but maybe Michael Madsen front he Kill Bill films

What was your favorite  book as a child? 

A Christmas Carol, the Narnia books...

How did you come up with the title? 

It was a blur how I came up with the title,  it wasn't until I was almost finished with the manuscript that I finally chose what it was going to be.

How much of the book is realistic? 

I'd say someone could relate to what Morgan goes through, however it is completely made up and if it does relate to someone then I just hope they have the strength that I gave Morgan to get through the pain.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 

Again it's made up, some of the happenings are based on what has happened to people close to me. Of course I've rewritten their story.

Have you ever binned a book when half way through thinking it wasn't  good enough?

 Yes, I have at least 20 what I've started and just had to leave them be. I'm not ready to them any justice yet.

What books have most influenced your life most?

 I think all books I read influence me in some way, they give me the strength to keep going. I love how other authors touch on subjects that I'm not too scared to write the gory details too.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

 Sandi Lynn, I love that woman! 

What book are you reading now? 

At the moment I'm not reading anything, I have some serious catching up to do on my reading list.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? 

MB Feeney, L Grubb, LP Lovell, LA Cotton, JA Heron, Keren Hughes to just name a few, I had the opportunity to meet some fab writers in Birmingham in July for a book signing and it was a total honor to be with each one of them..

What are your current projects?

 Currently I'm working on the final 2 books of the Mistaken Series, it will be a year to the day that I published my first book and  that I will publish the last book.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? 

It was a way to deal with things going on in my life through my teenage years. I wasn't the best daughter in the world I was a nightmare for my mum.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

 Of course, so this small extract is from Bailey which is Book 5 of the Mistaken Series.


“Wake up you little shit!, There's no use trying to escape, it's time you learn’t what true pain is”
My eyes snap open and yet again I’m back in the basement, there he is sneering at me again.
“You know son, I had high expectations for you. I thought you and Wyatt would take over the family business, it would have been a dream come true. You both were the meanest staff I had around, who is going to mess with family? The whole deal was perfect…until that little bitch came into the picture. She destroyed everything, you chose her over your own fucking family. Everything I had worked for, gone in the blink of an eye. Over some bitch!!!! As fucking sexy as she was, I love the fact that I will ALWAYS be her first; son, I took her innocence, it’s my seed that lays the deepest boy.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? My grammar sucks,  I swear a lot and having to tone it down in places. My excuse,  I'm passionate about what I'm writing and the characters with their foul mouths take over my innocence. *cries of laughter*

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? 

Sandi Lynn is my fave, I recommend her books highly! 

Who designed the covers? 

3 little owls cover designs and formatting, I will never go anywhere else.

What was the hardest part of writing your book? 

Making sure I get across what I want, expressing the characters in a way you can relate to them.

Do you have any advice for other writers? 

Just write your heart out, don't ever give up! Just keep going and most importantly write for you and no-one else.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 

Thank you so much for joining me on this journey, you have no idea how much it means to me to get all your messages. I love interacting with each and every one of you, you make me laugh so much.

Do you have any funny quirks  or stories you would like  to tell us about yourself? 

I think I'm crazy, I love making everyone laugh. Usually it's at the expense of me and Mr B, I post a lot of our conversations on FB

What do you like to do to keep fit?

 God no! I think I'm allergic to exercise haha

What do you like to do when your not busy working and writing? 

Interacting with my readers, being on FB, kicking Mr B's ass on lego games, the list is endless.

Are you a car or motorbike kind of girl?

 I'm both, but I have to say I love my cars

Where do you see you self in ten years time? 

Continuing doing what I love the most,  writing. Perhaps living in the states too which would be nice.

Thank you for  joining  me today you have been awesome. 

It's been a pleasure for sure :-)



ALL OF AMY'S BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE TO BUY ON AMAZON NOW. BUT KEEP YOUR EYE'S PEELED AS SHE HAS SOME SURPRISES COMING UP IN 2015 AND 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment