I am a wife and a mother of three.

04/08/2015

David S. Scott


AUTHOR INTERVIEW
WITH

Please welcome new author, the lovely
 David S. Scott


Hello David, how are you today?

Great, thanks for asking.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I’m an aspiring erotica author. Ummm ... what else would you like to know? I’m a runner and I like surfing on occasion. I’m 5’9”, 176 pounds, size 11 shoe. A+ blood type. Brown hair, and blue gray eyes. Married for almost 12 years.



What is your favorite movie?

I’ve really digging the Avengers stuff right now, but I think I’ll always have a soft spot for the Lord of the Rings trilogy.



What is your favorite colour?

Dark Green



Are the stories old ones you have saved or new?

Old stories that I am writing fresh.


When and why did you begin writing?

Very recently. My neighbor is an Indie author, and she and my wife got it in their heads to nag me unceasingly until I gave in. That was just last month in June.


What inspired you to write your first book?

My wife’s nagging LOL. But seriously, she always tells me I have a way with words, and that I have an answer for everything. Eventually I gave in.



Do you have a specific writing style?

I’m not even sure what this means. Ummm … doggy style, definitely. 

I am writing Deep in You and Deeper in you in First Person Past Tense Perspective, from Xander’s eyes. Going forward, who knows? Maybe I’ll stick with it, maybe I’ll try First Person Present or Third Person.



Who was the easiest character to write for and why and hardest and why?

I don’t have a ton of characters because I’m still writing my debut novel, but so far my easiest character to write has been my Main Character, Xander Phoenix … because he’s basically me. The most difficult has been my lead female from book 1, Deep in You, for reasons I’d rather not disclose at the time of this interview.



What was your favorite book as a child?

Jurassic Park, by Michael Crichton. No joke … I was ten 
when I read it.

How much of the book is realistic?




A good chunk of it. It’s a fictionalized retelling of my past.



Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

Yes.


What books have most influenced your
 life most?

I think this question underestimates the sheer volume of books I have read, in just about every genre imaginable. I’m trying to think of some to narrow it down, but not having any luck. I read for enjoyment, for recreation, not to be swayed or influenced. I love Crichton’s work, he was a genius. When I’m in an odd mood, I enjoy things like Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. In the fantasy field, I loved the old Dragonlance series from the ‘80s. In erotic romance, I enjoy the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day. And let’s not forget all the old Playboy magazines I used to read … just for the articles, of course. ;) I believe everything we read has the capability to make an impact, but when you read all the time, it’s tough to narrow the field down.



What book are you reading now?

Bootycall, by JD Hawkins … if I ever get a moment free 
to start it.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

C.C. Genovese is relatively new and is just finished his first erotic horror novel. I’m incredibly intrigued.

Can you share a little of your work with us?

“Xander Phoenix. Been a while since I’ve seen you here.” The bartender was cute and slender with spikey pink hair, tattoos, and lots of piercings. “What can I get ya?”

“Jameson, neat. Make it a double.”

She poured the drink while I examined the bar area. My eyes came to rest on what appeared to be a couple talking intimately. Closer examination proved otherwise, though. The woman was stunning, her dirty blonde hair tied in an elegant but effortless looking twist on the top of her head. She was sipping her martini slowly, but never lowered the glass from her scarlet lips. Her deep brown eyes scanned the bar as if looking for an escape. Hmm … she clearly didn’t like this guy and was trying to avoid having to speak to him.

For his part, the guy with her was horrible at taking hints. He was leaning far too close, as though he were trying to claim her. He was talking animatedly, and I was able to catch bits and pieces of what he said. Stock market, retirement pensions, insurance premiums. No wonder she wanted to escape, the guy was trying to bore her to death. I signaled to the bartender and got up from my chair.

“Hey Xander, you made it!” The voice of my buddy, John, filled my ears.

“Yeah, I’m here. Listen, it’s good to see you but I can see that a very good friend I’ve never met needs my assistance.”

John followed my gaze. “Already? Damn, you move fast. I think that one’s taken, though.”

“Not for long. See you around.” I gave John the brush-off and prowled my way around the bar, before walking up behind my target.

I deliberately set my drink down and placed my hands on the bar on either side of her, protectively, like she belonged to me. I smiled down at her, resisting taking an obvious glance at this bird’s eye view of her tits.

“Hey, baby, I’m back. Did you miss me? Who’s your new friend?”

She blinked up at me, astonished. I winked at her, picked up her glass, and look a long pull. It was sweet and fruity. Definitely some sort of girly vodka martini.

“What are we drinking tonight? This is a far cry from the shots you normally do with me.”

This was the moment of truth. She could choose, me or Mr. Retirement Fund. It only took a second before I saw the wheels click into place and she smiled.

“Hey! Glad you made it. Of course I missed you, why did you keep me waiting? As for this guy? He’s…”

We both turned to stare at him.

“I–I’m j-just leaving,” he stammered. “It was good meeting you, Lily. I’m sor–bye.” Mr. Retirement Fund bolted toward the door.

I stepped up onto the recently-vacated barstool and smiled at her. The Jameson was still in front of her, so I grabbed it and threw back the rest of my drink. I gestured to the bartender, who immediately brought over a new glass of whiskey and a replacement martini for my new friend. 

“How did you know I don’t normally drink martinis?”

I smirked. “I didn’t. I just wanted him to see I was comfortable taking your drink. Showed we were together.”

“Who are you?” she asked.

“Me? I’m just a guy who likes to help.”

“No, really. You look familiar.”


©David S Scott 2015


Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

Finding time to do it. Also, I tend to nitpick every minute detail over and over. By the time this is done I probably will have rewritten it five times, at least.



Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

Matt Schiariti writes excellent books in a variety of genres. His work is top notch, well edited, and he makes the unbelievable seem plausible. I’ve very fortunate in that not only is he one of my favorite authors, he has also agreed to be my editor.

Who is designing your cover for your debut book?

Darkmantle Designs did both of my covers.


Do you have any advice for other writers?

Stick with it, always have confidence. If you don’t have confidence, fake it until you do. Also … editing is a must. Not kidding here, don’t skip it.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Be patient with me. I know it’s been a long wait, but I want to put out the best books possible. I’m writing as fast as I can, I promise.

Are you a fast car or motorbike kind of guy?

Fast car, definitely. I love muscle cars. Never really
 got into bikes.

How to you keep fit?

I run every morning. Sometimes I lift, and on occasion I’ll head out to the beach and surf.

Do you have any favorite football teams
 US or UK?

I’m not really into team sports at all. No time to devote to it, and I’ve never really played well with others anyway. I love NASCAR, track and field, and swimming.

Have you done any book signings and would you come to the UK for one?

I’ve attended signings as a reader, but never as an author. And coming to the UK is very unlikely until I win the lottery.

Do you have any funny quirks or stories you would like to share?

Hmmm … well, each day before I sit and write, I turn on Weird Al’s “Word Crimes” and listen to it. For some reason I find it motivating.

Are you a good cook in the kitchen and what is your favorite dish?

I can’t cook at all. I’m hopeless. If it weren’t for my wife, I’d have starved to death by now. I can just about handle the microwave without burning the house down. As for favorite food, it’s a toss-up. My wife makes an excellent lasagna and also Chicken Kiev. Delicious.

What do your family think about you writing?

My wife is all for it. Completely. My mom has passed on, and my dad has no idea. Not sure how long it’ll stay that way since I write under my real name.  We’ll see.

What do you like to do when you’re not working or writing?

You mean, besides the obvious answer?  Muahaha … oh… I read a lot, run, surf. Normal stuff. I don’t watch television at all, though.

Do you have any bad habits and what are your best qualities?

Bad habits… hmmm. Well, I’m a nail biter, and have been since I was a kid. I have a big heart and would do just about anything to help a friend who needs me. I value honesty and integrity regardless of cost.

What's the most romantic thing you have ever done for a girl?

I would love to answer this questions here … but unfortunately I cannot. You’ll just have to read the books when they release to find out. ;)

Have you ever done a sex tape? 
Would you do one? 

I’ve never done one. I would love to make one, 
but my wife is opposed.

What is there most memorable sex you
 ever had?

Well, just the other day I was sitting there on the bed, writing nude … as I tend to do. I was working on rewriting the first sex scene. My wife came in and caught me hard at work, typing away. She crawled over to me and took me in her mouth for but a few blissful moments. Then she crabbed her vibrator and informed me I was to keep writing while she teased herself. Words cannot express how hot that was, or how hard I became, watching her moan and writhe next to me. When I tried to join her, she slapped my hand away. After a considerable amount of time that she spent torturing me, I finally couldn’t take it anymore. I tied her up and had my way with her. More than once. There are lots of memorable times, but that one nearly drove me to insanity.

Did any of your sexual experiences inspired the erotica story?

The story is a fictionalized retelling of my past, so yes. Very much so.

 If you were only allowed one sex toy for rest of your sexual adventures which would it be and why?

That’s a tough one. I’m particularly fond of her vibrator, at the moment … but I also love making her walk around or spanking her with Burmese Bells in. Wait … do ropes or cuffs count as a toy? Fuck. I’m so screwed.

Have you ever entered the BDSM world either for book research or personal reasons?

Not so much. I am naturally controlling, but I’ve never
 gotten into BDSM. The scene is too elaborate and too 
much planning for me. I’m more spontaneous.
 I don’t need or use a lot of toys, and can make my 
wife scream a hundred different ways without them.

Does it turn you on some of the stuff you write in your erotic story?

All the damn time. Pretty much anytime I write a sex scene,
 or visualize a sex scene. But hell, if my sex scenes can’t 
even turn me on, what chance do they have of turning anyone else on, either?

What is the kinkiest thing you have done?

This is really subjective, and a tough call. I love using restraints and blindfolds on my wife. Some would call that tame, but it’s about as heavy into the kink as we go. We once had sex on a golf course bench in the middle of the afternoon, and once in a game store I was watching for the owner after closing time. Bondage? Exhibitionism? Tough call as to which is kinkiest. I don’t really get off on pain, so spankings are as far as we’ve really gone there.

Do you have any tattoos and if so what are
 they of?

No tattoos, no piercings. At one time I did have a roommate who was a tattoo artist and he would have done anything I wanted for free, I could just never decide on what to get. If I were to get one now, it would probably be a Phoenix, either on my back or my chest.

What do you think of tattoos on women?

My wife has no tattoos, but I think they can be beautiful. I wouldn’t have any problem if she wanted one.

 **********************

Thank you David for joining me today, can everyone be sure to keep your eyes out for David's debut books coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment